Have you or a loved one been accused of a sex crime? Just the accusation of a sex crime is enough to ruin a person’s life. If you are facing these types of charges, it is safe to say you are going through one of the darkest times in your life. Instead of panicking or losing hope after these charges are made against you, finding the right legal help should be a main concern. Attorney Jeff McDaniel and the legal team at the McDaniel Law Group, PLLC have helped a variety of people in the same situation you find yourself in right now.
Hiring a sex crime defense lawyer in Washington D.C. is wise for a variety of different reasons.
- Helping to Reduce Jail Time- Sex crimes carry heavier sentences. This means you will need to get help from our experienced lawyers to see if getting your sentence reduced is a possibility. Our experienced team of lawyers will be able to fight aggressively on your behalf in order to get a better jail sentence from the prosecutors.
- Protecting Your Reputation- If you are accused of a sex crime, you will probably face some damage to your reputation. The only way to repair a tarnished reputation following these types of allegations is by beating the sex crime charges against you.
- Keeping an Eye on the Future- One of the worst parts about being convicted of sex crimes is having to put your name on the national sex offender registry. Without the right defense lawyers helping you, it will be difficult to clear your name and get back to a regular way of life.
Common Sex Crime Cases We Handle
You may be wondering what type of sex crime cases we typically handle. Read below to get information on the types of cases we have dealt with in the past.
- Rape Cases- If someone claims to have been forced to engage in a sexual act with you, then rape charges are soon to follow. For innocent people who have been charged with this serious crime, getting the right legal representation is a must.
- Child Molestation Claims- Being accused of child molestation can lead to a number of negative consequences. Our lawyers will work hard to clear your good name and get these charges dropped.
- Lewd or Lascivious Acts- Accusations involving exposing yourself in public do not carry the same sentences as the previously mentioned crimes, but they can tarnish your good name. if these charges against you are unfounded, then our team will go to work building you a defense strategy.
Once you have been informed of the sex crime charges against you, call us for help. The McDaniel Law Group will be able to give you an idea of what your rights are and how to get out of the predicament you find yourself in.
Statistics Surrounding Sex Crimes in this Country
When you get a look at the statistics surrounding sex crimes in America, you will probably be a bit shocked. Below are just some of the startling statistics regarding sex crimes in this country.
- 18% of the women in America claim to have been raped in their lifetime.
- Only 16% of all rapes are reported to the proper authorities.
- 35% of women raped as children were also raped as adults
- 28% of men are raped before age ten.
These statistics are very troubling. If you have been wrongly accused of a sex crime, you will need to fight to maintain your freedom and reputation. The McDaniel Law Group, PLLC is here to help you in your time of need.
How to Defend Against False Sex Crime Allegations
In some instances, you will be able to avoid going to trial on a sex crime charge if the following things can be produced to dispute the claim.
- Documentation showing no previous criminal charges
- A polygraph test showing you are telling the truth about the incident in question.
- Results of a psychological evaluation
- Evidence that the accuser in the case has made these types of false claims against others in the past.
- Letters from various friends and family members stating you are an upstanding citizen of the community.
Once this type of evidence is produced, our lawyers will go to work trying to get the charges against you dropped. Having legal professionals who have experience with these types of cases can benefit you greatly in the long run.
Reach Out to the McDaniel Law Group Today!
If you are facing false sex crime allegations, you cannot afford to wait when it comes to getting legal representation. Give us a call at 877-620-3644 for more information on how we can help. Once you call, we will be able to set up a consultation and find out how we can help you with the charges you are currently facing.
Contact Us At Washington DC Criminal Defense Lawyer
Remember, no matter the charge, you deserve the chance to defend yourself. We’ll give you that chance (and then some). Call us today at 202-331-0793 to make an appointment, or fill out the contact form on this page to seize the opportunity to protect your future.