Have you been charged with drug-related crimes? Unfortunately, drug arrests are all too common in our country. Without a proper defense, you will find it very hard to reduce the amount of time you spend in jail as a result of being convicted. Washington DC drug crime attorney at the McDaniel Law Group, PLLC have the experience needed to help you build an adequate defense against the charges you are facing. The sooner you are able to contact our offices regarding representing you, the faster we will be able to start building your defense.
Having an experienced criminal defense lawyer, like the ones we can provide, may help you get your charges reduced. Our Washington DC drug crime lawyers will be able to look at your case from all angles and find out the best way to represent you. Attempting to represent yourself without a firm understanding the law can lead to a number of problems. Letting the team at the McDaniel Law Group, PLLC help you out is your best course of action when trying to come out on the other side of this mess with minimal damage.
Drug Arrest Statistics Tell a Troubling Story
If you are like most people, you were probably unaware of how common drug arrests were until you were arrested. In this country, there are a number of troubling statistics that tell just how common drug use is.
- Over 1.4 million drug arrests were made last year.
- Of these 1.4 million arrests, nearly 1.2 million of the cases were for drug possession.
- Around 240,000 of the drug arrests made last year were for drug manufacturing.
- 80% of the drug offenders in this country are male.
When you find yourself on the wrong end of the law, your first call should be to our law office. We are here to help you get out of the mess you are in by offering you the best defense possible. Experience and extensive knowledge of the law can go a long way when trying to reduce the drug charges you are facing.
What Types of Drug Arrests Are the Most Common?
There are a variety of drug-related charges that can be levied against a person. Below are some of the most common drug arrests in this country:
- The Cultivating or Manufacturing of Drugs- A number of state and federal laws apply to the cultivating or manufacturing of drugs. Possessing, growing or producing are all grounds for drug cultivating charges. Manufacturing drug charges usually apply to the making of methamphetamines in a make-shift laboratory. Cultivating and manufacturing charges usually come with very stiff penalties.
- Distribution and Trafficking- If a person is accused of delivering or providing controlled substances, they are usually charged with drug distribution. The illegal distribution or sale of these substances can constitute trafficking charges. The lawyers at our firm are here to help you get through this difficult experience with ease.
- Drug Possession- Perhaps the most common drug charge out there is possession. If you are found in possession of anything deemed a controlled substance, you will be at risk of large fines and long jail sentences. Instead of taking on these charges alone, you need to call us and find out what type of help we can offer.
Our main goal when taking on cases involved drug crimes is to keep our clients out of jail. Our extensive knowledge of drug laws will allow us to represent you in a court of law.
Common Defenses Used in Drug Cases
There are a number of angles that can be taken when trying to get a person exonerated of drug charges. The following are some of the most common defenses used by our Washington DC drug crime attorneys in cases like this.
- Unlawful Search and Seizure- In order for a member of law enforcement to search a person’s home, they will need a warrant signed by a judge in the county where the suspect resides. There are many cases where police officers enter a person’s home without this type of warrant. Regardless of what is found in these illegal searches, it cannot be used in court.
- The Drugs Were Someone Else’s- In some cases, a person will simply be in the wrong place at the wrong time when it comes to a drug arrest. If you have been charged with crimes stemming from possessing drugs that were not yours, then our team can help you. We will work hard to find out who the drugs belonged to and present evidence to the judge that will hopefully get your charges dismissed.
- Drugs Were Planted- Unfortunately, we deal with a variety of cases where the drugs in question are planted by a member of law enforcement. There are times when a police officer will be so determined to convict a person they will manufacture the evidence used against them. Our experience with these types of circumstances will allow us to help you get out of the mess you are currently in.
Our Firm Can Lend a Helping Hand!
Rather than trying to handle this type of legal mess on your own, you need to let the legal professionals at the McDaniel Law Group, PLLC give you hand. Give us a call at 877-620-3644 to schedule a consultation. During this consultation, we will be able to lay out how we intend on helping you beat the charges against you.
Contact Us At Washington DC Drug Crime Defense Lawyer
Remember, no matter the charge, you deserve the chance to defend yourself. We’ll give you that chance (and then some). Call us today at 202-331-0793 to make an appointment, or fill out the contact form on this page to seize the opportunity to protect your future.