When you find yourself accused of a crime, no matter if you’re guilty or innocent, your future is immediately put into jeopardy. A conviction may not only cost you time in confinement, but your criminal record will also impose a severe handicap when applying for jobs, loans, and security clearances. It may even keep you from living where you wish.
This is why as soon as you’re accused or charged with a crime, you need to retain a dependable and experienced Washington DC Criminal Defense Lawyer. Otherwise, you may not be able to secure your future.
Criminal Accusations That Require a Strong Defense
Criminal accusations can range from simple misdemeanors to extreme felony charges. However, no matter what you’re charged with, you deserve the opportunity to have a strong washington dc criminal defense lawyers fighting for you. That’s where we come in. The McDaniel Law Group, PLLC, is determined and driven to make sure that your rights and future are protected.
After nearly 20 years of fighting for the accused, attorney McDaniel knows how disheartening and catastrophic a criminal charge can be. This is why we take pride in representing all sorts of criminal defense cases. To ensure that you get the defense you deserve for the charges you don’t, we accept cases that involve the following charges:
- Distribution. Selling drugs or acquiring drugs to circulate or sell.
- Drug conspiracy. Being involved with the production, distribution, or business of illegal drugs.
- Driving under the influence. Operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated by drugs or alcohol.
- Hit and run. Leaving the scene of an auto accident, especially when the accident caused injury.
- Property crimes. Robbery, breaking and entering, shoplifting, larceny, etc.
- Embezzlement. Misappropriating funds from an employer or organization.
- Rape. Forced or non-consensual sex, touching, or molestation.
- Assault. Causing another person bodily or psychological harm.
- Kidnapping. Unlawful removal or transport of another person against his will (or his guardian’s will), including unsanctioned vacations or family outings by parents who do not have full custody of their children.
- Arson. Deliberately setting fire to property or belongings.
- Murder. Willfully taking another person’s life without legal justification.
Building Your Defense and Protecting Your Freedom
When you’re accused of a crime, you have the right to a strong and aggressive defense. What you don’t deserve is a malicious prosecution, unfair sentences, or unconscionable treatment for a crime that you may not have committed. The law states that you are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around, and you have a full spectrum of rights that apply until you are convicted of or plead guilty to a criminal offense.
Unfortunately, many targets of criminal accusations are unaware of their rights, and they have no notion how to protect themselves from unjust treatment. That’s why the McDaniel Law Group has spent countless hours fighting to ensure that justice is upheld, by helping people like you build a strong and aggressive defense while also making sure your individual rights are being respected.
We fight not only to make sure you’re fully aware of the risks, but we also strive to make sure you fully understand every aspect of your case and how to proceed to get the best outcome for your future.
Some things to expect from us include:
- A walk-through of your litigation process. You should know what to expect, what not to expect, how to react, etc.
- In-depth and educational discussions of the terms of the crime in which you’re accused. You will be informed of the severity of the accusations, your possible options, and that status of any negotiations with the prosecution.
- A review of possible plea options.
- A thorough explanation of the different types of motions that can be filed in your defense. We will explain how courtroom motions can feed into your overall defense strategy.
- An analysis of possible penalties and sentencing. Depending on the severity of the crime, penalties can vary from probation to fines to incarceration.
- An assertive, smart, and dynamic strategy to illustrate your innocence, or to diminish the severity of the crime’s nature in order to minimize sentencing and penalties.
- Unconditional support and personal attention throughout your case.
- The determination and drive you need to successfully pursue your defense toward the best outcome possible.
Contact Our Washington DC Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
Remember, no matter the charge, you deserve the chance to defend yourself. We’ll give you that chance (and then some). Call us today at 202-331-0793 to make an appointment, or fill out the contact form on this page to seize the opportunity to protect your future.